Rebecca Stavick, private citizen, tells the genesis story of the civic hacking organization Open/Nebraska. We also discuss public libraries: their mission, potential, and budget concerns given the Trump administration 2018 budget blueprint. Later Rebecca tells her story about flying out to Washington DC with her mother for the Women’s March on Washington.
019.mp3 (1h14m 36MB)
- Apologies to Lora Mae Frecks who did all the data gathering work for the Open/Nebraska localboards project. 10m into this podcast, Jay incorrectly cites credit to the wrong person. Jay is an idiot and you should not listen to his blathering. :)
- Hi From The Other Side
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Women’s March on Washington
- Democratic Socialists of America